Travel to Andaman by Ship - Schedule & Fare Information
If you are looking to travel to Andaman by Ship, here is a clarification. Find detailed information here!
June 13, 2020
Dp Vishwakarma(Founder at KeywordsFly)
It is indeed a pleasure to be in the middle of the blue-deep ocean, yes it is always a mind dream of titanic lovers to fall in love on a cruise. India is a country which is known for its peninsular behavior, with good sea transportation in India we have memorable cruise rides across the sea!!
We have figured out one of the best cruise routes which lie across the Bay of Bengal from Indian interior to Andaman and Nicobar Islands! We have formed it in such a way that it might be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for all the visitors. We have arranged you a fine view of sea life from close quarters and enjoy the splendid sunrise and sunset views unalloyed, uninterrupted.
Please read our blog further to know about the top 3 sea routes for the cruise to Andaman:
These cruises are operated by the Shipping Corporation of India, which has made more exciting cruises for 3-4 days. This cruise is available from the ports of Kolkata, Vizag, and Chennai.
Following is a chart indicating the time take ad the cost for the cruise, mentioned that the price could vary from the cabin you choose:
Time is taken
INR 2630- INR 10240
INR 6750- INR 10240
INR 2630- INR 10240
Let’s study in deep more about the cruises:
1. It is known as the longest among the three popular sea routes. It is best to travel through this route in January, February, March, April, and November. These are the best months for all those who suffer from seasickness. This cruise includes 1302km travel distance, which takes approx. 70 hrs during the whole journey. This cruise can be arranged for you 3-4 times a month. The journey of your cruise begins at Kolkata and ends at port Blair. Here is the address of SCI, Kolkata Shipping House Number 13, Strand Road, Kolkata-17.
2. This cruise is exciting too, but it comes with high risk for the non-resident of Chennai city, as it will be more expensive to reach the town to make the bookings. Unlike the non-residents, the residents can have ease of booking, and it is quite possible to have this cruise. In this cruise, you will travel around 1362km in around 60 hrs approx. This trip begins from the Chennai port and ends at port Blair. The frequency of the cruise is about 3-4 times a week. To reach SCI, Chennai you have to go to this address Gate Number 1, Port Trust, Rajaji Salai, Opposite Customs Office, Chennai-1
3. Visakhapatnam is the nearest place to Andaman. Also, it takes 1224km for the whole journey, and it will take around 56 hrs approx. To reach. The trip starts at Visakhapatnam and ends at Port Blair. The office address of SCI, Visakhapatnam is M/S A.V Bhanoji Rao Garuda Pattabhiramayya & Co. Ltd. Post Box No-17, Visakhapatnam Note: Currently there is no online portal for booking ships to Andaman. The frequency of this trip is once a month.
There are 5 government-run sea cruises to Andaman also, read our blog further to know about it. Indian gov. The cruises operate from Indian center ports to Andaman. With around 3-4 sailings per month from Kolkata and Chennai to Port Blair and around one sail per month from Visakhapatnam port to Port Blair and vice-versa ad for booking you have to hurry. The ticket price is set which varies from INR 900 to INR 10000 depending on the class of accommodation you opt for. The booking procedure includes two passport size photographs, government identity proof, and address proof along with the requisition form. Some of the most popular cruises are as follow:
1. MV Nicobar: A Trip To Remember
2. MV Nancowry: A Majestic Cruise
3. MV Swarajdweep: Most Popular Cruise
4. MV Harshavardhana: A Journey To Remember
5. MV Akbar: A Vintage Cruise
1. To make you a perfect trip MV Nicobar is perfect, it's prices are900 bunks or decks and can carry a total of 1200, for the deluxe cabin you have to pay INR 10,240. The ship in total accommodates 300 homes.
2. MV Nancowry is a Majestic Cruise, which is also known as carrying cargo loads it is operated from Chennai to Andaman (Port Blair). The entire cruise is operated by the SCI office at Chennai. This ship too has 300 cabins, 900 bunks, or decks and can carry a total of 1200 passengers. Charges for the deluxe cabin is INR 10,240, 1st Class Cabin is INR 8,490, 2nd Class Cabin is INR 6,750, Bunk Class is INR 2,630.
3. One of the most famous cruises in MV Swarajdweep. It takes around three days to reach. Prices are Deluxe Cabin is INR 10,240, 1st Class Cabin is INR 8,490, 2nd Class Cabin is INR 6,750, Bunk Class is INR 2,630. This ship has 300 cabins.
4. Another cruise here is MV Harshavardhana which is one fantastic company for your memorable voyage. The prices are Deluxe Cabin is INR 10,240, 1st Class Cabin is INR 8,490, 2nd Class ‘A’ Cabin is INR 6,750, 2nd Class ‘B’ Cabin is INR 5,210, Bunk Class is INR 2,630. The ship has 153 cabins, 595 bunks, or decks and can carry a total of 748 passengers.
5. The last cruise ship is MV Akbar which is the oldest operating ship to Andaman. The prices are Deluxe Cabin is INR 10,240, 1st Class Cabin is INR 7,240, 2nd Class Cabin is INR 4,400, Bunk Class is INR 2,290. This ship has 121 cabins, 1414 bunks, or decks and can carry a total of 1535 passengers.