Nobody dares to visit these abandoned places at night and the experience here is sure to scare the hell out of you !! So let’s get ready for the roller coaster
June 14, 2019
India is a land of mysteries and the countless haunted sites and houses add to its paradox. Well, if you are interested to see or experience the presence of ghosts and spirits in India, then consider visiting some of this haunted places that are eerie and have scary stories around them that make you wonder about the reality of ghosts and if you might get a chance to see one!
1) Bhangarh Fort, Rajasthan - Situated near a popular forest, this town is now slowly luring visitors from around the area, and country. The story goes like a magician who fell in love with the local princess of the area. He decided to cast a spell on her to make her surrender to him being quite the master of dark magic. However, the princess learned of his plans and found a way to kill him. Before his death, however, the magician cast a dark spell on the palace which caused its doom.
2) Kuldhara Village, Rajasthan - Is an abandoned village in the Jaisalmer district of Rajasthan, India. A 2017 study suggests that Kuldhara and other neighbouring villages were abandoned because of an earthquake. The Paliwals imposed a curse that no one would be able to re-occupy the village. Those who tried to re-populate the village experienced paranormal activities, and therefore, the village remains uninhabited.
3) Jamali-Kamali Masjid, Delhi - It is believed that God made humans out of sand and Jinns out of the fire. There are numerous tales about the Jinns which are believed to reside within the walls of Jamali- Kamali with the number of unexplainable phenomena like animals growling and even the uncanny feeling of someone’s breath on your neck. Imagine someone closely watching you from behind the pillars but disappear in a wisp of air as you approach them.
4) Delhi Cantonment Area - Usually considered as a beautifully clean and green space. People talk about a woman in white saree, often asking for a lift, sometimes even chasing the vehicle and catching up its speed.
5) Dumas Beach, Surat, Gujarat - Situated along the Arabian Sea in Gujarat, this beach is known for its black sand and mystical activities. It is also believed that this beach was for long used as a Hindu burial ground therefore is the resting place of tortured souls. Many unexplainable and puzzling incidents have been known to occur like strange whispers being heard, people disappearing at night etc.
6) Sindhrot, Near Ahmedabad - A small town where the locals claim of seeing visions that haunt their nights. Several visitors have reported that they hear someone whispering in their ears to go back and never set their foot back in the town.
7) The Shaniwarwada Fort, Pune - Known for its downright architectural brilliance, this fort has witnessed various spooky occurrences too. Story suggests that a young prince was brutally murdered here which is why maybe his spirit haunts the place and when the night falls, sounds of him shrieking can be heard.
8) Raj Kiran Hotel, Lonavala, Maharashtra - The hotel is indeed one of the top sites among the haunted locations in India. This room is on the ground floor behind the reception area. Guest have experienced bizarre things. These days the room is not allotted to any guest unless it is really required.
9) D’Souza Chawl, Mahim, Mumbai - It is said that a woman fell into the welland died crying for help and died due to unwanted death. Since then, her spirit roams around the periphery of the well after the sun sets and continues to haunt the local residents.
10) De Monte Colony, Chennai - Located near St.Mary Road. The entire stretch of that colony was owned by John De Monte, a businessman, back in the 19th century. People say that they hear strange noises issuing from the colony while they walk past. They also hear locked and bolted doors opening and closing and mysterious shadows falling on the sidewalk.
11) Madras Christian College, Chennai - One guy got rejected by his love and committed suicide. So this alleged ghost visits the hall at night and sometimes in the morning. He cries, laughs and talks to his friends. People have heard his footsteps often.
12) Three Kings Church, Goa - It is believed that the spirits of three kings who fought over the property of this church and eventually killed each other roam around on the premises.
13) Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad - Being one of the biggest film cities in the country also famous for occurrence of “supernatural activities”. The light men- who sit with the lights on top have been pushed so many times and many have had grievous injuries. Strange marks are left on the mirrors etc.
14) National Library, Kolkata -
Besides the rich collection of books, it is also known for its ghost stories. At the time of its renovation, twelve labours lost their lives in an accident. Its is also said that the footsteps of the Governor’s wife can be still heard.. The stories of an unnatural death of a student while searching books and lot more.
15) Vas Villa, St. Marks Road, Bangalore - The place belonged to the Vas family and daughters Doice Vas and Vera Vas. Doice wasstabbed to death in her own home by an unknown assailant she was later buried there. The place is in ruins and has been haunted ever since and the spirit of Doice is supposed to still linger in the hallways. Multiple teams scouting for paranormal activities have confirmed the presence of negative energy and disturbances.
16)Wadi House, Nagpur - A minor girl was raped in this house; she couldn’t handle the shock and died, a few months after. The thing she bore itself authors a depressing imagination and with a supernatural stamp on it, the place is truly scary!
17) Bara Imambara, Lucknow - It is one of the grandest beauty of Lucknow. Due to the major famine, the place has been a number of deaths of the innocent men, women, and children, the ghosts of whom can still be seen in the amusing mazes of the place. Many people who had entered the confusing mazes of the place had never returned back to their homes.