How to Prepare for IELTS Exam | Tips to Crack IELTS in First Attempt
IELTS exams can help you in achieving your dreams of studying abroad
August 31, 2020
Ravi Ranjan Kumar(Founder at CodexFly Technology)
Language is one of the primary mediums for communication. And when you plan to study abroad, language is the key to convey your message with society. Preparation here is very crucial and gives students the right direction to accomplish their dreams.
IELTS exam can be quite tough, especially for the young generation who are going through this phase for the first time. You can take expert IELTS coaching in Delhiand understand the basics of exams for keeping your preparation smooth for overcoming it with successful results.
IELTS exams have four sections with Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking. Each of the sections, has separate questions, marking schemes, and a band that adds to your overall individual score. Here are the main tips and preparations that you must have to crack the IELTS with your first attempt.
With four sections in the exam, tips are there separately for each section and offer solutions to score at your potential.
Best IELTS tips for the Listening Section:
1. Put more emphasis on the introduction section to familiarize yourself with the overall scenario. You must keep the full focus to understand the situation and then answer based on the experience only.
2. Have a thorough look at the question before the recording starts for that and then precisely look for the right answer.
3. Keep short notes in mind for essential words such as at the first, middle, or last to be aware of the situation precisely.
4. Avoid any grammar mistakes in the answers and keep the tone engaging to get the highest marks for your efforts.
Best IELTS tips for Reading Section:
1. Have a sharp focus from the beginning otherwise, it would just lead to a lot of time trouble in the end. So avoid spending too much time on any particular question or section. Divide the time and then use that to work on each section accordingly.
2. In case you are having doubts about any question, then move on to the next question and revisit later to answer the question, rather than wasting too much time on a difficult question.
3. Have a sharp habit for reading instruction precisely with title, sub-titles, and the illustration to be fully aware of the situation presented in the question.
4. Avoid grammar mistakes that can cost you dearly. Copy words precisely for the essential facts of the matter and avoid spelling mistakes while answering.
Best IELTS tips for Writing Section:
1. Keep your ideas relevant to the topic. Always give a conclusion statement in the last paragraph for the overall answer.
2. Keep the writing simple, precise, and to the point. And avoid Grammar and spelling errors that give instructors a chance to score you negative marks.
3. Answer the questions based on the requirements. Link paragraph logically and don't get lost in long answers and use an academic style in language to get high scores in the exam.
4. Avoid using bullet points and try to answer the question in a given number of words only.
Best IELTS tips for Speaking Section:
1. Get involved in the conversation with the instructor and put more focus on the answers.
2. Have a detailed answer to each question that has relevance to the topic.
3. Provide opinions with examples, and support them with justification.
4. In the speaking test, generally, there are no wrong or right answers. So have situational awareness to answer questions with your judgment.
There are also general tips that apply to each section:
1. Breaks or pauses in different sections give students time to compose themselves and prepare for the next set of questions precisely.
2. Try to answer the question in the same order as they appear on the question paper. Avoid any confusion in any manner. For complex questions, revisit them at a later time.
3. Have a sharp eye for spelling and grammar corrections. As students often lost marks on grammar errors.
4. While understanding the paragraph, don't focus too much on each word. Rather than the whole sentence, paragraph, and intent of the questions to be in duration for solving the answer.
5. Instructions for each question are there. Some will ask you to search the answer from the paragraph while others will ask you to present judgment. So read the instructions precisely to answer them accordingly.
6. Students must put focus more on communication than on general knowledge. To be more precise in your words and try to speak more clearly.
7. For yes or no answers, add more perspective to the answers with at least one point. So that the instructor knows you have the idea of the question.
8. Have more structures and vocabulary in your communication to give more value and enrich the answer with credentials.
9. Keep organized with your ideas and convey messages through answers appropriately.
10. And when talking to the instructors, speak directly, not to any recording equipment, and keep the communication pleasant.
11. Don't start with a prepared speech and answer the things based on the topic only.
IELTS exams can help you in achieving your dreams of studying abroad. Listening sections require more practice and comprehension skills. Reading section asks for more analysis and an in-depth understanding of the situation. Speaking skills comes with the practice for one-on-one communications, and writing needs more value from your ideas.
Overall from a global perspective, IELTS serves as one of the best English language proficiency tests. Especially for students planning to study in developed countries of the US, UK, Australia, and Europe, IELTS band scores are accepted across global universities and colleges. Good scores add more credibility to your profile and help you secure the top choice for colleges or universities.
Students also need to prioritize their IELTS coaching in Delhi to help them with the right learning curve for cracking this exam on the first attempt. And with English being not a native language in the country, getting more practice and preparation is a must. You must regularly practice all these sections to obtain the highest marks in the IELTS exam.